Compressibility, softness and durability allow BF-1000 to adapt to various environments, making it an ideal choice for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat, and providing cushioning or vibration isolation for various applications.
BISCO® Silicones are available in various thickness’s and manufactured in roll form to allow fabricators to easily convert the material to the proper dimensions.
Features and benefits
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxtion reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening
- Softness allow designers to use less force to seal enclosures and still protect their device from the environment
- High compressibility allows material to conform to variable width gaps and awkward shapes, thereby allowing engineers more design flexibility
- Resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures and flame enables consistent performance in all environments
- Environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air, or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, and electronic cabinets
- Vibration isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles
- Fire retardant thermal insulation